We provide affordable open access printmaking facilities including for intaglio processes, relief printing and screen printing for textiles and paper.
We offer an annual membership which costs £50 per year and £3 per hour for workshop use. We also offer a discounted membership for students and recent graduates costing £35 per year. The membership fee includes an induction which you must have prior to using the facilities to ensure you are familiar with the space and equipment. Once you’ve signed up we’ll be in touch to arrange a suitable time for your induction.
You need to have some previous experience of the processes you wish to use in the workshop. If you’ve not done printmaking before or would like a refresher we recommend attending one of our workshops & courses. Members can benefit from a 10% discount on our workshops & courses.
Open access sessions run most Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays 10:30am-4:30pm and members need to book time in advance to ensure there is space available.
Materials such as inks and paper are available to purchase, or members can bring their own. We also provide the option to rent a plan chest drawer to store your work and materials.
For more information please take a look at our Member’s Handbook and guides on printing at the workshop, which can found on our Members’ Resources page.
If you have any questions about membership please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in and see us at the workshop.
We are acquiring new equipment all the time but currently the workshop has the following facilities:
- 1 screen printing vacuum table for up to A1 size screens
- 8 portable hinged clamp screen printing beds
- 1 large textile printing table (8ft x 8ft)
- 1 UV exposure unit for up to A1 size screens
- 2 washout booths
- a range of textile and paper screens of various sizes
- a range of squeegees of different sizes
- 2 heat presses (printable area 50 x 40cm)
- 2 etching presses (bed size 54 x 90cm)
- 1 nipping press
- 1 relief press for up to A3 linocuts
- 1 Albion press for relief printing (bed size 45 x 30cm)
- 1 Line-O-Scribe Galley Proofing Press (bed size 50 x 35cm)
- An assortment of lead and wood type for Letterpress processes
- 2 large drying racks
- 9 plan chests with drawers available for rent
- 1 Dahle guillotine (cutting area 100 x 70cm)