We provide affordable open access facilities for intaglio processes, relief printing and screen printing for textiles and paper. Anyone with some previous experience of printmaking can become a member of Leeds Print Workshop. We do our best to keep costs for using the studio as low as possible. We’re not in it for the money – we just want to make a new space to keep on with the printmaking we love, and meet some new folks to make art with.
To access our facilities you will need to become a workshop member which costs £45 for the year and £3 per hour for workshop use. The membership fee includes an induction which you must have before using the facilities to ensure you are familiar with the space and equipment. Inductions will be arranged on an individual basis.
Materials such as inks and paper are available to purchase on a pay as you go basis, or you can bring your own.
Open access sessions run between 10:30am-4:30pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the exception of when day courses are running. You will need to email us to book workshop time and check availability.
We also provide the option to rent a planchest drawer at a small cost to store your work and materials.
If you are interested in becoming a workshop member please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or pop in and see us to find out more. For more information including our Member’s Handbook and guides on printing at the workshop please have a look at our Members’ Resources.
We are acquiring new equipment all the time but currently the workshop has the following facilities:
- 1 screen printing vacuum table for up to A1 size screens
- 8 portable hinged clamp screen printing beds
- 1 large textile printing table (8ft x 8ft)
- 1 exposure unit for up to A1 size screens
- 2 washout booths
- a range of textile and paper screens of various sizes
- a range of squeegees of different sizes
- 2 heat presses (printable area 50 x 40cm)
- 2 etching presses (bed size 54 x 90cm)
- 1 nipping press
- 1 relief press for up to A3 linocuts
- 1 Albion press for relief printing (bed size 45 x 30cm)
- 2 large drying racks
- 9 plan chests with drawers available for rent
- 1 Dahle guillotine (cutting area 100 x 70cm)