We provide affordable open access facilities for intaglio processes, relief printing and screen printing for textiles and paper. Anyone with some previous experience of printmaking can become a member of Leeds Print Workshop.
To access our facilities you will need to become a workshop member which costs £45 for the year and £3 per hour for workshop use. The membership fee includes an induction which you must have before using the facilities to ensure you are familiar with the space and equipment. Once you’ve signed up we will be in touch to arrange a suitable time for your induction.
Open access sessions run between 10:30am-4:30pm most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with the exception of when day courses are running. You will need to email us to book workshop time and check availability.
Materials such as inks and paper are available to purchase on a pay as you go basis, or you can bring your own. We also provide the option to rent a planchest drawer at a small cost to store your work and materials.
If you have any questions about membership please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in and see us at the workshop.
We are acquiring new equipment all the time but currently the workshop has the following facilities:
- 1 screen printing vacuum table for up to A1 size screens
- 8 portable hinged clamp screen printing beds
- 1 large textile printing table (8ft x 8ft)
- 1 exposure unit for up to A1 size screens
- 2 washout booths
- a range of textile and paper screens of various sizes
- a range of squeegees of different sizes
- 2 heat presses (printable area 50 x 40cm)
- 2 etching presses (bed size 54 x 90cm)
- 1 nipping press
- 1 relief press for up to A3 linocuts
- 1 Albion press for relief printing (bed size 45 x 30cm)
- 2 large drying racks
- 9 plan chests with drawers available for rent
- 1 Dahle guillotine (cutting area 100 x 70cm)