Leeds Print Workshop is a co-operative printmaking studio based on Vicar Lane in central Leeds. We provide access to print facilities and a space to work for anyone interested in printmaking. As well as catering for all the established printmakers out there in Leeds, we also run classes to bring new people to the medium.
The Leeds Print Workshop founding committee is made up of fine artists, teachers, graphic designers and illustrators all with one thing in common: a love of printmaking. Once people have found a love of printmaking, it can be hard to continue to make prints solo. We are the resource that allows you to carry on printing, surrounded by other printmakers who can share ideas, techniques, innovations and feedback.
The committee formed back in 2015 with a pipedream to set up a print studio. After many meetings, cups of tea and biscuits, East Street Arts found us an amazing City Centre location and after humble beginnings we’ve really made our pipedream a reality.
– To provide printmaking facilities for people in Leeds and surrounding areas.
– To establish and maintain a vibrant, supportive and sustainable printmaking community.
– To provide affordable printmaking facilities to workshop members
– To create collaborative opportunities to share skills, ideas and expertise
– To promote and develop safe printmaking processes with consideration for the environment
As a co-operative, we value democracy, equality, and solidarity. We act with concern for our community and work for its sustainable development through the collaborative nature of printmaking.
The society will also aspire to act co-operatively and abide by the co-operative values and principles as defined by the International Co-operative Alliance.